Sunday, January 23, 2011
Response to vignette 3
First off, unless I have hugely misunderstood the article, it seems the teacher has simply used someone elses test. Feel that this is a big mistake and a major problem as far as his grading goes. I fully support the sharing of ideas and resources, but firmly believe that they should not be just used. They should be adapted to fit your own style. Also, not understanding the program of studies and therefore not abiding by it is not only a failure in doing your job, but a failure to the kids, especially when the test is about the curriculum but he spent a bunch of time doing projects that were likely loosely associated with the curriculum. If he were to start using the program of studies as his main focus and the texts a a resource to help him teach the objectives, as well as using assessments that he created I feel this would be much more effective and also defendable, which was another one of his issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment