Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Vignette 11


It sounds as though the teacher is being a bit harsh in this example. I believe that he should allow for the student to make up for the assignments they had been away for, and then use the mean score afterwards. If he has decided to be completely unreasonable and give her zeroes for the work she missed while she was out of the country, without possibility of rewrite, well first off I feel he should be relieved of his position, and since that whole process takes a great deal of time, I feel that the student should receive the median score in the meantime. Life happens and this teacher’s complete and utter lack of accommodation is shocking. If he were to give the student zeroes for all of the missed work without possibility of rewrite I feel it would extremely poorly reflect on the teacher themselves and the actual achievement of the student.

No comments:

Post a Comment