Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vignette 9


Even though Ryan’s grade was 45%, and I understand that this is poor, I feel that given the circumstances is reasonably shows achievement. I am fully aware that he tried what he though was quite hard, but at the end of the term, he was still only achieving at a level that satisfied barely over half of the outcomes, so this is the reasoning for his cumulative average being so low. It would be unfair to Ryan to give him a 60 in the course when he has not demonstrated that level of performance throughout the course.  I am sure that now Ryan feels awful about his abilities in English, and that it has been very debilitating for him. And it is awful that he feels so low and incapable. With this said, I do not think that moping is going to help him score high on the achievement test and possibly pass the course. I feel that he would really need to find some help in tutoring and prepare to an extreme level to give that one last push through the course. I believe in all students and feel that with the right aids for success put in place, they can achieve. I understand that some students will not be able to do this, but I feel that a person should always keep striving for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment